Data Science in Economics
The Data Science research unit at the CIA focuses on the development and application of innovative research methods from the data sciences and use them to address societal challenges in highly relevant areas such as health, education, financial and development economics and societal inclusiveness and participation.
Increasingly larger and more complex data as well as more advanced methods have become available in the social sciences that can contribute to build systems and algorithms to extract knowledge, find patterns, generate insights and more precise prediction models, and aid our understanding of cause-effect relationships.
The research challenges in Data Science research include:
- Financial Econometrics
- Semiparametric Regression
- Analysis of Big Financial Data
- Computational Econometrics
- Quantitative Risk Management
- Empirical Health Economics
- Empirical Labor Economics
- Empirical Education Economics
- Empirical Financial Research